At Janitorial Direct, we offer a comprehensive industrial wiper & cleaning rag service which is ideal for the automotive, industrial and printing sectors.
Industrial Cleaning Wipers Installation, Collection & Cleaning
Industrial wipers (or cleaning rags) are simple but effective products. These strong, durable and highly absorbent rags are made from a tough polycotton blend and are easy to use. There are three different types of wipers available depending on your industry, including:
- Red wipers for the automotive industry
- Blue wipers for metal and swarf
- Green wipers for the printing industry
Industrial wipers and rags from Janitorial Direct are an eco-friendly solution, preventing the need for standard disposable single-use cleaning wipes. Using our wipers is a sustainable option as they are cleaned and reused to prevent wastage, and 80% of our textiles are recycled.
We’ll provide you with a storage unit containing fresh wipers, and depending on your usage, we’ll collect them on a regular basis and replace them with fresh ones.
Our service takes the hassle out of handling dirty rags whilst aiding both health & safety and quality control in your industrial facility, so get a quote today!
How are wipers stored in my facility?
- The hermetically-sealed Ecobox container holds up to 600 wipers, which are packaged in packets of 50. The container can be moved easily across the workshop thanks to its light set of wheels.
- The Dispenser separates both clean and dirty rags, with a container on top with a rack for easy dispensing, and a pedal-operated barrel below for easy disposal.
Delivering, installing and maintaining these containers is part of our service, and they can be serviced on a schedule that suits you.
How do our wipers support quality control?
Our dedicated service operators return used wipers back to the facility to sort and wash, split by the nature of use. The cleaned wipers are further checked by metal detectors to ensure no metal residue is left behind, and all rags are manually checked at the end of the service by production operatives.
At the end of the cycle, all water and air that has been used in the process is cleaned and treated to protect the environment.
Our service means that your company can focus on what it does best, and industrial waste left behind on wipers is taken care of in a sustainable and economically-friendly way.
What can our industrial rags be used for?
- Normal oil and coolant, metal & swarf (metal and machinery)
- Flammable solvents (printing industry)
- Grease, brake fluid, petroleum, gasoline (automotive)
Our wipers must not be used for:
- Polyester Resins
- Silicone rubber
If you’re unsure whether the wipers would be useful for your operations, give us a call or start a chat with us today and our team of experts will be able to advise you.
Why are industrial wipers beneficial?
- Health and safety & hazardous waste compliance
- A planet-friendly alternative to single-use, disposable wipes
- Tougher solution than other rags and wipes, ideal for demanding industries
- Complete maintenance service and strict levels of hygiene quality control
- Wipers absorb up to 3 times their own weight
- ADR-approved, anti-static units
- Sustainable product – 80% of textiles recycled
- Protect waste items containing flammable substances
If you’re looking for a tough, sustainable solution for wiping up day-to-day industrial waste, get in touch with us today.
See how Janitorial Direct Washroom Services can help you.